Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ballad of the Green Beret

The holidays are far down the line. I want to make that clear because these posts are in no way meant to guilt you into doing your holiday shopping in the first week of September.

I'm changing up my Christmas routine  for the first time in my life and will not be traveling to Florida with my nuclear family. I'll be staying in Illinois and visiting my boyfriend's family on Christmas day. He has more people in his family than I do, so it put me in a bit of a panic.

Then, during a Hoarders-marathon-induced cleaning frenzy, I realized just how much yarn is in my home and how it needs to be put to good use. With football season starting, I can cheer on the Colts while knocking out a few projects each weekend.

So here's another finished object (FO) from the weekend: the Green Beret from the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret pattern.



Green Beret
100 Men We'll Test Today
Slouchy Green Beret
But Only Three
Slouchy Green Beret
Win the Green Beret
I'm not sure who this is for quite yet or if I'm going to make some kind of companion piece to go with it. But it's done and it feels good to add to the gift 'arsenal', if you will.

For your toe-tappin', America lovin' pleasure:


No comments:

Post a Comment